Hello there! I'm Lane R. Ellis, and I have been actively researching my family history for the past 20 years.
This is my online database containing some of the 20,000+ ancestors and relatives I have spent time researching. What you see here is only a very small portion of my research, in order to let you see basic birth, marriage and death information for people no longer living and just names and marriages for living people ; my full genealogical database contains complete source citations for each event, from thousands of sources and hundreds of archives.
My roots originate primarily in the following places:
- Eckington, Dronfield, Bolsover, Beighton, Clowne and Ault Hucknall parishes in Derbyshire, England
- Green county, Wisconsin and the southern parts of Rock and Dane counties in Wisconsin
- Fillmore, Olmsted, Dodge, Saint Louis and Goodhue counties in Minnesota
- Adelboden, Grindelwald and Frutigen in Canton Bern, Switzerland
- Rome and Westernville, Oneida county, New York Muskingum, Coshocton, Noble, and Belmont counties in Ohio
- Hylla, Rora, Inderoy, Beitstad, Verdal, and Namsos in Nord-Trondelag, Norway
- The Matheny family locations in Ohio and previously at Hope Plantation, Stafford County, Virginia
I have been using computers and the Internet since the pre-Web days in 1984, and am a user of Bob Velke's "The Master Genealogist" genealogy database, John Cardinal's "Second Site" genealogy website builder, and Mario M. Westphal's IMatch image management database by Photools.com.
Several other researchers have over the years put portions of my research online elsewhere, and while I am happy to share my research with family members, I hope that you will contact me to get more complete information. I thank you to please remember to credit and cite me if you use any of my research as a basis for your work.
A sample source citation for this website is:
Lane R. Ellis, Lane R. Ellis Genealogy Database, database (http://www.minnesotagenealogist.com : accessed 6 June 2014)
Lane R. Ellis